The PAHRF Foundation was formed to Research the Early American History and the Portuguese settlements in North-America as well as other groups directly or indirectly connected, who may have Portuguese ancestry. The Foundation has published three books about the presence of the Portuguese in North America since the 15th century.
We would like to thank all of those who donate to PAHR Foundation. Without your support we cannot continue our work to research, educate and archive information concerning the Portuguese and related groups. All donations are tax deductible. PAHR Foundation is a federally recognized 501c3 non-profit organization.
peças na Smithsonian Institution. World in the 16th and 17th
centuries (in Portuguese)
*"Contemporary History of Fafe, Portugal"
* For $15.00 get one year membership and a book
*Dr. Manuel Lucianoda Silva, a Great Portuguese, passed away
*New Bedford Human Chain. Portuguese Times, Frances Sylvia Gracia
*Are you proud of your name? From Sylvia Frances Gracia
*Open letter to Bill & Medina Gates Foundation from a Veteran
*Portuguese Immigration to Jacksonville, Illinois, in 1849
*UMass in Lisbon will be only U.S. program of its kind in Portugal, place UMass faculty oversees and offer program at no additional cost.
Visit the Hispanic Division Reading Rooms: Library of Congress: Hispanic and Luso Division *Did you know that this division has a very large collection of Portuguese and Brazilian Books,
Manuscripts and other valuable Historical Documents?
*Coming Soon: "The Portuguese Making of America" will be available in .pdf format
*What Finland and the rest of the World should know about Portugal. You will be surprised.
*Ocala in Florida - Hochelaga in Canada – Oaxaca in Mexico
*Oxala: Indian Song with the Portuguese word OXALA
*Read about these mysteries and more… Click here
* The legacy of Portugal in India - O legado de Portugal na Índia
Florida in the Winter
If you are going to be in Florida, for the winter, be aware that are several Portuguese-American Associations in the state. Visit their web sites for
their weekly activities and a place to have a Portuguese dinner during the weekends:
*Palm Coast Portuguese American Cultural Club;
*Orlando The Portuguese American Club of Orlando;
*St. Petersburg Portuguese American Suncoast Association;
*Port St. Lucie P.A.C.C.;
*West Palm Beach www.pacspalmbeach.com;
*Fort Lauderdale Florida Portuguese Club.
*Best Place to Retire
*Portuguese Emigrants - Testemunhos de Emigrantes
*PALCUS Gala 2010/11 – Luso-Americano News Report - See Page 1 and Page 12 *PALCUS Gala 2012 – More Information Coming Soon
*Dr. Manuel Luciano Da Silva - 2012 Event calendar
*Portuguese Historical and Cultural Society Calendar 2012 - 2013
*Foundation Library * New Books * Donation*
Sea Battles Since the 12th Century by Saturnino
*The Portuguese in Japan. The Capitães Mores of the Japan Voyage: A Group Portrait by Reiner H. Hesselink. University of Northern Iowa.
*Library receives books about the Portuguese in America and Portugal on a regular basis. If you have any books about the Portuguese or Early American History, please send them.
*To read our reviews on new books received and see what is new click here.
- Bulletin of DGARQ (the General Directorate of Archives of the Portuguese Republic)
- Portuguese Books in digital Format PDF www.dominiopublico.gov.br
- About the Rock of Dighton´s mystery, in both English and Portuguese: www.dightonrock.com
- Novo Acordo Ortografico da Lingua Portuguese pela “Porto Editora”
- New Orthographic Agreement of the Portuguese Language.Acordo Ortografico da Lingua Portuguesa
- Peter Francisco, a Patriot and a Hero in the American Revolution
- “Columbus Was a Portuguese Agent”
- Portuguese Kids are different ! Why ? Find out HERE
- Do you want to learn Portuguese in West Palm Beach, Florida? Click here:
- Melungeon and Portuguese: Truth or Myth - Contribute your opinion - (here)
- Melungeon Heritage Association
- APE Associação dos Portugueses no Estrangeiro: